Planners North was engaged by Aquarius Backpackers to provide Town Planning advice with respect to the preparation and lodgement of a Development Application with Byron Shire Council.
The Development Consent is sought to undertake alterations and additions to the existing hostel including:
• a decrease in guest beds from 304 to 270;
• an increase in the floor area of the approved restaurant comprising 55m² internal area and 20m² terrace;
• the addition of a third storey of accommodation;
• an additional floor area of 431.79m² in total (including restaurant); and
• the reconfiguration of a number of rooms as detailed in this report to provide a greater variety of room types.
The proposal to undertake alterations and additions to the existing backpacker’s accommodation is a product of many factors. These factors include:
• the opportunity to undertake alterations to the existing backpacker’s accommodation;
• the proximity of the site to existing services and facilities; and
• the opportunity to review existing approvals over the site and respond to changes in market demand.
Location – Byron Bay
Year – 2015
Client – Aquarius Backpackers
PLANNERS NORTH, Town Planners, Northern Rivers, NSW