Subdivision Works Certificates

On By pn in Improve Your Planning IQ

For some development consents granted on 1 December 2019 a ‘Subdivisions Works Certificate’ (SWC) will need to be obtained instead of and/or in addition to a Construction Certificate (CC).

Currently a CC is utilised for both building work and subdivision work.  Under the new amendments to the Act, a CC will only be for building work. If a development consent authorises subdivision work, a SWC will be required.

If the development consent authorises both building and subdivision work, then both certificates will be required.  Unlike a CC, the new SWC will not form part of the development consent. 

PLANNERS NORTH, Town Planners, Northern Rivers, NSW